Cinnamon and Pecan Mug Cake Recipe
The other night I was craving something still autumnal but a little bit different; cinnamon cake. With not wanting to add to the washing up I thought I'd go for a mug cake. I decided to use my chocolate mug cake recipe as a base and amend the ingredients accordingly to create a beautiful cinnamon and pecan sponge!
2 tbsp of melted butter
4 tbsp of plain flour
3 tbsp of soft dark brown sugar
3 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
8 pecans roughly chopped
1. Mix together all the ingredients in a microwavable mug
2. Once the ingredients form a paste, place the mug in the microwave and cook for just under 1 minute on high
3. Have a peek and blast for a tiny bit longer if it's still a bit gooey (or eat it like this if you like a gooey cake)
4. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top
5. Eat and feel all autumnal inside!
This mug cake was moist, tasty and definitely curbed my cinnamon cravings. I was rather impressed it worked first time! Give it a go yourself and let me know what you think.
Keep up to date with my latest posts by signing up to my newsletter!