Homemade wrapping paper is the perfect personal touch when it comes to Christmas gifts; it's really simple to make and looks very effective next to shop bought wrapping paper.
If you haven't already, make sure you're signed up to my mailing list as this blogmas I'm gifting all my subscribers with a free How To Create Christmas Calligraphy PDF! This will give you all the tips and tricks you need to create homemade calligraphy wrapping paper without the use of a calligraphy brush or nib!
What you need:1. Brown paper; either a roll or sheets depending how much you want to make
2. A sharpie or calligraphy pen such as a Pentel Brush Pen
3. A few different message ideas to use on your paper
How To:1. Roll out your desired amount of paper with the right side facing up (some brown paper has a nicer finish on one side, I'd make sure this is the side you write on)
2. Start with a few big words or quotes and then fill in the rest of the space with smaller ones and/or shapes such as stars, polka dots and Christmas trees
3. Make sure your ink is dry when writing near other words, it's very easy to smudge when using thick ink pens
4. Don't worry too much if you make a mistake. You can see on my wrapping paper below that I got a bit excited and wrote "Meeerrry' but you can tactically cut the paper through this word or hide it with a gift tag like I did (see image above)
5. I recommend using clear tape when wrapping with the paper, this will allow you to read your calligraphy through the tape. Another great idea would be to use coloured washi tape, this would help give your brown paper a bit of a pop of colour!
I hope this has help inspired you to give homemade calligraphy wrapping paper a go. It really is simple and with my easy to follow Calligraphy PDF, you'll be able to create a range of calligraphy messages for all your friends and family!